Happy Thursday everyone! We hope you all are having a great week thus far. As always we can’t wait to bring you some amazing events for the upcoming weekend. Don’t wait to create your perfect itinerary for you and your family.
- There is nothing like some good authentic music from an acoustic guitar. That is why Coffee and Cocktails is pleased to present Andie Kay Joyner this Friday night at 8 pm. This memorable young lady has a wonderful voice and she is well known for her country/bluegrass style. So, come on out, have a drink, and have a good time. For more on Andie and this event: https://fb.me/e/15lOhUKQk and https://www.facebook.com/AndieKayJoynerMusic/
- Halloween may have come early for this chilling event. The Beach Army Hospital Ghost Hunt will be taking place Friday, August 6th, 2021. This extreme haunt is only for the bravest souls in the area. The hunt will begin at 7:30 pm and end at 3 am the following morning. The hosts for this adventure is Ghost Hunts USA, and the address for this is 308 Lee Rd, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. They will provide refreshments and snacks throughout the night along with professional ghost hunting equipment. This should prove to be a real experience for those with the courage to seek it. For details on Ghost Hunts USA and tickets: https://ghosthuntsusa.com/ and https://ghosthuntsusa.com/haunted-locations/beach-army-hospital-ghost-hunt/
- This next event will be helpful for most parents in the Mineral Wells and Palo Pinto area. First Baptist Church Mineral Wells will be passing out school supplies, giving sports physicals, and free COVID Vaccines (for those 12 years and up) this Saturday August 7th, 2021 at Mineral Wells Junior High. This will take place from 8am-11 am. There will also be vendors,JJ the Clown and more! They ask that children be present to receive any supplies. For questions or concerns feel free to click https://www.mwisd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=435283&type=d&pREC_ID=960186 or contact MWISD
- Just because school is just about to start; does not mean that VBS is over! Redneck Rodeo VBS at the Palo Pinto County Cowboy Church will happen this Saturday from 8am to 2:30 pm. This fun filled all day event is said to have the best VBS experience like no other. The church has graciously provided breakfast and lunch for the kiddos who wish to attend. They ask that all parents please fill out this form for a proper headcount of each child and emergency contact information. For exact details: https://fb.me/e/1j5Jx92Cz and https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuI0TnaK-DmpA6QFEBwK_PfPz3xXL4CHb5ssV1m4EVePH8xw/viewform
- It’s supposed to be a beautiful Saturday this weekend. In addition, to all the fun events for your family do not forget to stop in at our local farmers market. Let’s Grow Crazy will host vendors from all over the area with local goodies for each household. For example, they will have fresh fruits and vegetables, jellys, homemade salsa and much more. The exact times for this is, Saturday from 9am to 1 pm. For more on this: https://fb.me/e/WtKnmFo7
- There are a lot of neat things that can bring a community together. One thing most might not think of is a car show. But the Graham Cars and Stars car show will also begin this Saturday at 10 am. Their goal is to bring the community together to see cars through time, and have enjoyment for all ages. The register your vehicle is $25 and to attend is free. For specifics on this: https://grahamcarsandstars.org/
- It’s time to rock out Mineral Wells. Covert Concerts will be at this Sill this Saturday night from 7pm to 10:30 pm. There will be several bands including No Compliance, Clover Grove, and The Prof.fuzz.63. These local bands have a great attachment to all rock and roll from classic rock, metal, punk 90’s rock, and more. For more events by the Sill, and Covert Concerts: https://fb.me/e/2rPmfVJU2 and https://www.facebook.com/covertconcerts/
- Last but not least, it is time to unwind with the sounds of nature. Night Sounds will begin at our local Mineral Wells State Park this Saturday as well from 8:30 to 10 pm at the Lonestar Amphitheater. This relaxing environment will showcase the sounds of birds, frogs, insects, and other animals underneath a blanket of stars. The cost to attend is free with park entrance. For this and future outdoor events please click: https://fb.me/e/UuXHdsDC and https://www.facebook.com/lakemineralwells/?ref=page_internal
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.