Hey everyone! We hope this week is treating you well. It is officially the last weekend before our little ones start school this coming Wednesday. As always we have made a list of things to do for our beautiful community. We hope you enjoy what we have found.
- First on our list is a seminar featuring Clay Bennett. This amazing speaker has a 1st degree black belt, is a five time IBJFF champion, and two time NFC JJ Super Fight Winner. He would be a great inspiration to all martial art athletes. The seminar will be taking place both Friday, August 13th, 2021at 6 pm, and Saturday, August 14th, at 11am. It will be held at 800 E Hubbard St. Mineral Wells TX, 76067. For further details: https://allevents.in/mineral%20wells/clay-bennett-seminar/200021335740951
- Next up we have a wonderful showcase that will be presented by Dylan Hoffman. This upcoming artist is said to have some real style. She is from Brock TX, who plays original country. She will be playing at the Smokin’ Barrel this Friday night from 5 pm to 9 pm. So, if you are looking for a great show accompanied by delicious food come on out. For details about this and the artist: https://fb.me/e/1CEA12dLC and https://www.facebook.com/DylanHoffmanMusic/
- Did someone yell bingo! If not you might just get the chance this Friday night at 5 pm at our local VFW Post 2399. Bingo night is completely open to the public and it would be a great opportunity to get out of the house while making new friends. The cost to play all night is just $17. Who knows you might get lucky! For more on this current night and future nights: https://fb.me/e/115eHIfgC
- Attention ladies! Do you need a reason to go shopping? We got to covered. Quarterly Sip & Shop is happening at Horseshoes & Halos Boutique this Saturday, August 14th, 2021 from 6pm to 8pm. This specialty shop will be serving adult beverages with amazing prices and giveaways. The store’s address is 2801 HWY 180 E. Suit 19. Mineral Wells, TX, 76067. For specifics: https://allevents.in/mineral%20wells/quarterly-sip-and-shop/200021290381846
- It’s time to make a left turn at Cars At The Park. This local car show will begin Saturday, August 14th, 2021 from 7:30 am to 10:30 am. The show will present all kinds of motor vehicles from all different eras and styles. If it seems like it might be early for a Saturday, don’t worry there will be free coffee and donuts for the whole family. The address to attend is 1200 W Hubbard St, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. For exact information: https://allevents.in/mineral%20wells/cars-at-the-park/200021450879952
- Yeehaw everyone! The 4th Annual Chuckwagon Days is also taking place this Saturday at 11am! Come out and eat some amazing Chuckwagon BBQ while listening to some live music by Tim Turnbeaugh. The event will be happening at Mineral Wells Natty Flat SmokeHouse BBQ. We hope you come hungry. For more on this: https://fb.me/e/1IUaTNQ6A
- Schools back in Session with School of Rock! This iconic movie night will be presented by the Sill this Saturday night at 9:15 pm. It would be a great opportunity for the whole family to come out and have a good time before school officially starts. The cost for each family is just $10 and you are more than welcome to bring your own snacks, drinks, and chairs to this outdoor show. For specifics please click: https://www.facebook.com/TheSilll/?ref=page_internal or call (940) 328-2301
- Last but not least it’s time to unwind and appreciate the night sky with some Stargazing the Texas Night Sky. This peaceful and educational event will be taking place Saturday, August 14th, 2021 as a come and go experience from 9:00 pm to 10:30 pm at our Lonestar Amphitheatre in Lake Mineral Wells State Park. The cost to participate is free with park entrance. This should be a night the whole family can remember. For details: https://fb.me/e/2tGT9mY0o
Learn how to become a Goodday Mineral Wells Supporter
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.