Hey everyone! We hope you have had a fantastic week thus far! But if you are like us here at Goodday Mineral Wells you are looking forward to a great weekend! That’s why we have composed an awesome list of things to do for you and your loved ones. So let’s get started.
- Get your pocket books ready for a big win with— BINGO! This week’s Bingo Night will begin, Friday August 27th, 2021 at 5pm at our local VFW. It is only $17 to play all night! They hope you come out and make some new friends. For the formal listing: https://fb.me/e/1DjSMogln
- Its time to Grow Crazy! The community garden, Let’s Grow Crazy will be having their monthly work day in the garden. This will take place on August 28th, 2021 at 8 am to 12 pm. If you enjoy getting your hands in the mud and seeing things bloom this is the place for you. For further information please click:https://fb.me/e/2w8Waox56
- Although Summer has come to a close; that does not mean the fun has to end. That is why the Mineral Wells Senior Center is throwing an End Of Summer Community Festival. This exciting fundraiser will begin Saturday at 10 am at the Senior Center. The festivities will include everything for the whole family to enjoy ranging from delicious food, cake walk, kids splash zone, and much more. All proceeds will go to the Center’s new opening. So, come out and support our local seniors while having a good time. For specifics please follow the link: https://fb.me/e/1GylZJUF0
- One of the most magical moments for any woman is the gift of motherhood. However, the process is far from painless. That is why Woman of Valor Birth Services, LLC will be hosting a Pain Management Class this Saturday August 28th 2021, at 11 am. This birthing class will focus on managing the pain throughout the labor process; specifically families who seek to have a natural birth. The cost for this class is just $75. For direct information on class sign-ups: https://allevents.in/mobile/amp-event.php?event_id=200021497354800
- Next up on the list we have a Night Hike. If you love the great outdoors; come relish the Mineral Wells starry night sky. The hike will kick off Saturday evening at 8:30 pm. The address to meet for this exploration is Lone Star Amphitheater in Lake Mineral Wells State Park, 100 Park Road 71, Mineral Wells, TX, 76067. To make a reservation please call in-advance #940-328-1171 ext 222. This program is free with park entrance. And for further details:https://fb.me/e/4AsuVSbzM
- Everyone likes to unwind on the water, especially after a long work week. That is why attending Mike Graham’s live show at the PK Ice House would be a great way to relax. Mike will take the stage from 8 to 10 pm also this Saturday. The location of this show is 359 FM-2353, Graford, TX 76449. For more on this entertainment: https://fb.me/e/1VUM0sgkk
- Next, this event was created for the agriculture community. There will be a conference along the lines of homesteading called, 2021 Living Off the Land. This one-day meeting will begin 10 am to 3 pm, Sunday, August 29th, 2021 at Wolf Lake Farm, 4279 N Lakeview Dr, Palo Pinto, TX. They will help provide all the knowledge needed to begin living off the grid. For further explanation: https://allevents.in/palo%20pinto/2021-living-off-the-land-conference/10000162732004807
Lastly, yesterday we announced our community-driven Things To Do page! on this page, you can see even more upcoming events, see things to do in Mineral Wells, and get a list of the locally recommended Restaurants.
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.