We hope everyone is doing well. It’s hard to believe this is the last weekend of July. It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the 4th. We only have three more weekends before the kids go back to school. So, I have compiled a wonderful list of things to do to make each moment until then memorable for both adults and children.
- First we have our beloved town Musician Adam Hull, who will be playing for the children at our local library this Friday, July 30th, 2021 at 10:30 am. Adam is a great inspiration for the kids to follow their dreams as well as learn. He is a former school teacher and music teacher. For more on events from Boyce Ditto Public Library or Adam Hull please follow the links: https://fb.me/e/H50qUSkP and https://www.facebook.com/adam.hull.58
- It might be time to take a step back and stretch things out after a long week. That’s why The Sill is offering yoga classes this Friday and Saturday at two different times to fit your busy schedule. The times are 12 pm & 6 pm for both days. For more information about class cost and reserving your spot for the class please call: (940) 328-2301 or https://thesill.simplybook.me/v2/
- Next up it’s time for some amazing BBQ with great music. Dylan Hoffman will be playing at the Smokin’ Barrel this Friday night at 6 pm. Dylan is a local to the area from Brock Texas; who has a love for country music. If you’re interested in a good show this Friday night that’s the place to be. For more on Dylan or the Smokin’ Barrel’s event please click: https://www.facebook.com/DylanHoffmanMusic/ and https://fb.me/e/1hSIjT18S
- Who’s ready for a movie night with the family? Also, this Friday The Sill. will be showing the movie BeetleJuice in their garden. This amazing Tim Burton classic will have families both laughing and spooked all at once. The cost for each family is just $10 to attend. The film will begin rolling at 9:30 pm. For more on this event: https://fb.me/e/1qxrDQ5jJ
- Next up it’s time for a little floating relaxation. The 4th Annual SS Float Trip is taking place this Saturday, July 31st, 2021 at HillBIlly Haven. This float trip has been organized by the Southern Sisters Boutique. They have opened the event up to anyone who wishes to celebrate the end of summer. Individuals are to meet at Southern Sisters by 8 am to stay together as a group. They ask that everyone bring a food dish to contribute. For further details please call them via phone at :(469) 714-0870 and for more on the event https://fb.me/e/2q1b2VbSz
- If you enjoy the idea of BeetleJuice then you will love the next one! The Sill is doing a Tim Burton themed painting with a twist! This will be taking place this Saturday at 3 pm! This creative works of art can feature any Tim Burton character you like from Jack Skeleton to Edward Scissorhands! The cost to attend this is just $35! For more events like this by The Sill. https://fb.me/e/EavrQdu3 and https://www.facebook.com/TheSilll
- Our American Veterans are heroes in all aspects. The American Legion Post 75 recognizes that with an Officer Installation for the upcoming year 2021-2022. This Saturday evening at 6 pm officers for our American Legion will stand up and continue to support each other and our communities for another year. After the ceremony there will be food and drinks for everyone to enjoy. They hope you can all come show your support. For more on this: https://fb.me/e/15LBtEvfz
- Sometimes it’s nice to kick back with a good brew and wonderful friends. The Band Two Far Gone recognize this and will be playing this Saturday at the Hole in the Wall Grill & Biergarten. The concert will start at 6:30 pm. For further details about this event or band: https://fb.me/e/KKxUEDVd and https://www.facebook.com/twofargonemusic/
- One of the most beautiful pieces of artwork is the stars. Most of us take for granted the majesty and beauty naturally given to us every night. But if you would like to take a moment and Stargaze the Texas Night Sky the Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway is hosting just such an event this Saturday at 9:30 pm. Individuals can meet at the Lone Star Amphitheater to view the solar system. The cost for this adventure is free with park entrance.
- Last but not least, The Sill will close out the weekend with another Halloween-themed adventure. Krista Spark’s will be hosting a watermelon carvings experience Sunday, August 1st, 2021 for all the family to enjoy; not to mention tasty. The cost is $25 a person. For specifics: https://fb.me/e/1cvFiUoV8
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.