We hope everyone has had a good week after a wonderful 4th of July! If for some reason you didn’t get to enjoy all the festivities last weekend. We have another full round of exciting things taking place this weekend to keep you busy!
- First up is for all the kids in the area! Indoor Mini Golf will be at our Boyce Ditto Public Library. This will be a wonderful experience for you and your kids. It’s not everyday that one is allowed to play in the library. The fun will begin Friday July 9th, 2021 at 10:30 am and is completely free to whom all wish to attend. Also, while you are there it might be fun to check out a book for the family to read together. For further details: https://fb.me/e/2hudY7QdX
- Texas is known for having the best view of the stars, why not go to an official Stargazing! This event will be hosted by the Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway. They will provide the telescope and the astonishing information about stars, planets, and the atmosphere. The gazing will start between 9:00 pm to 10:30 pm on Friday, located at their Big Fire Ring at Live Oak Camping area. This affair is free with park entrance. For more specifics: https://fb.me/e/1A5IvdaqY
- It’s time for a Crazy Karate Championship. This Saturday at 8 am on July 10th 2021, our Mineral Wells High School will be hosting a Karate Championship for Zee’s Dojo of all divisions and different ages. So come down and show these athletes your support. For information on tickets: https://fb.me/e/14qD0QuQ2 and https://www.eventsreg.org/RegisterWFMEvent.php?t=373&fbclid=IwAR0FltLUrmpm_S8M153NxdLp1bZxWn4-woyQTZDsFDNEnCxbOL14WLuKHy0
- Tubing on the open river is the absolute best way to relax! There is a Tubing event on the Brazos River taking place this Saturday at Hillbilly Heaven which is located at 10801 I-20, Millsap, TX 76066. You and your group can get into the water at 10 am and end at 3 pm. The cost for this adventure is $19, but if you bring your own tube you can save $4! Don’t forget to bring plenty of drinks, and sunscreen. For further details https://www.meetup.com/Healthy-Living-Fit-Mind-Fit-Body-Fort-Worth/events/278898272/ and for more on Hillbilly Heaven http://tubingthebrazos.com/
- Its time to get your groove on! There is a Fundraiser Dance for the Mineral Wells Senior Center taking place this Saturday at 7 pm. This howdown will include dancing, live music, and a pulled pork for dinner. This will be held at VFW 1400 Veterans of Foreign Wars St, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. The cost to attend is just $20, so pay it forward while having a good time. For information on this please click : https://fb.me/e/13fKWskfm
- There is a great Cooking Class taking place also this Saturday at Coffee & Cocktails at 7 pm. This evening students will be making table-side guacamole, homemade tortillas, crispy fish tacos with mango pineapple salsa, and mini sopapillas with honey butter sauce! It sounds so good it makes your mouth water. The cost to attend the class is $75 and they ask you RSVP at https://www.coffeeandcocktailsat76067.com/event-details/cooking-class-3
- Last but not least, it’s time to Spot the Nature Myth! This event will entail teams meeting at the Lone Star Amphitheater in our Mineral Wells State Park. The groups will go out and try to spot nature myths within the area. The group who can identify the most fables will win a prize. The Scavenger hunt will begin Saturday at 8:30 pm. The cost to attend is free with a park entrance. For more on this https://fb.me/e/2wVOcrAIW
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.