We bet everyone is excited for a fun-filled weekend to celebrate our independence! I am sure you are all looking forward to some good BBQ, swimming, and fireworks for the 4th of July! If you haven’t made plans yet because you just haven’t had time, don’t worry. We have an itinerary that will keep you busy.
- This first one on the list is for the kiddos. This fun-filled morning will take place at the Boyce Ditto Public Library in Mineral Wells, at 10:30 am on July 2nd, 2021. The mid-morning excitement will showcase the education and excitement of bubbles presented by Brett Roberts, The Comedian for Kids. The cost to attend is completely free. For further details: https://fb.me/e/3AhX50tNU
- Why not celebrate that with a Chalk Walk. The competition to showcase one’s creativity will take place in Graham’s town square. The artists will begin their compositions at 8:30 am on July 3rd, 2021. It does not cost to enter the competition, nor do you have to compete to participate. There will be prizes for the winners for both adults and children. For specifics on the event: https://fb.me/e/1s34Qm5bJ
- The Let’s Grow Crazy Farmers Market will be happening this Saturday as well at 9 am. The address to the market is 500 SE 2nd Ave, Mineral Wells. So, if you haven’t gotten some fresh produce for all the festivities this holiday, they would love to accommodate you. For more on Let’s Grow Crazy: https://fb.me/e/QaNi83d3
- Getting out and getting to know nature might just be exactly what you need. The Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway, has both a relaxing and fascinating event for you. This Saturday evening at 8:30 pm; they will be hosting a Nature Sounds adventure. The cost to attend is free with park entrance. The location to this will be at the Lone Star Amphitheater. For details on entrance fees:https://fb.me/e/30y7LUJqu
- Let’s get chilly! Downtown Mineral Wells will be hosting a 4th and Frozen celebration directly behind Coffee & Cocktails on Sunday, July 4th, 2021 beginning at 4 pm. This family fun winter-themed celebration will consist of pictures with Santa, live music, ornament decoration, face painting, and much more. The general entry is free, however, some amusements cost depending on what you would like to participate in. All proceeds will go towards our Merry Wells this winter. For exact information please click: https://fb.me/e/BfA5268Y
- Sparks in the Heart of Texas will also be taking place this Sunday at the Sill! This old fashioned block party will start at 8 pm and is free to all who want to attend. The exact location for this is 402 S Oak Ave, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. There will be sparklers for the kiddos and BBQ for the adults! For further reading on this: https://fb.me/e/NQfMmmFq
- Last but not least, it’s time for a tailgate firework show! All the natives of Mineral Wells have been looking forward to this all season. For those who haven’t attended the firework show here is the rundown. The show will start popping at 10 pm on July 4th, 2021 at our Rams Stadium at Mineral Wells High School. The bursts of light will be accompanied by wonderful patriotic music for all to hear. This is completely free for all viewers. For more on this: https://fb.me/e/JNMqmklj
Have a safe and fun Fourth of July Weekend!
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.