We hope you are all doing well this summer. It seems like just yesterday summer began, but it is flying by so fast! The weekends are few and far between before the kids go back to school. But fear not, we have a ton of weekend events that everyone will enjoy!
- First we have a Magic Spy! This entertaining show will be presented by James Wand at our local Boyce Ditto Public Library on Friday July 16th, 2021. The excitement will begin at 10:30 am. They hope to see you and your family there for the amazement. For more information on this: https://fb.me/e/Rtcmf4YZ
- It’s time to win some money, because Bingo Night is also happening this Friday night from 5 pm to 9 pm. This fun filled evening will be taking place at the VFW Post 2399, and it only costs $17 to play all night! So go try your luck at this game with some friends. For more on this: https://fb.me/e/XFR26ZeV
- In addition to Bingo Night, there will also be live music at our VFW Post 2399. The music will be presented by Taylor Bonham – Singer/SongWriter and Proud Country at 7 pm! If bingo isn’t your game then come out just to enjoy the music in a great environment. Details about the band are as follows. https://fb.me/e/15RYqM14g, https://www.facebook.com/proudcountry2018, and https://www.facebook.com/Taylor-Bonham-SingerSong-Writer-909074932510904/.
- Chaos will strike again at Coffee & Cocktails this Friday night! Tempting Disaster will be performing at 8 pm. If you enjoy good food, awesome drinks, and rock n’ roll with a dash of country. Then this band has got you covered! For more on this please click: https://fb.me/e/3d3h57wLo and for more on the band https://www.facebook.com/temptingdisasterband
- Maybe it’s been a long week, and you just need some good quality family time. You are in luck, The Sill is hosting a Movie Night Downtown this Friday night at 9:30 pm! The movie that will be featured is beloved family favorite, Lilo and Stitch. The cost to attend this is just $10 per Family. For future events by The Sill : https://fb.me/e/CNIS3NyV and https://www.facebook.com/TheSilll/events/?ref=page_internal
- Let’s Grow Crazy is back with some great produce for your whole household! This Farmers Market will be taking place Saturday, July 17th, 2021 at 9 am. The address to this market is 500 SE 2nd Ave, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. For details about the Farmers Market or how to donate please click: https://fb.me/e/1x0yGMdBg and https://www.facebook.com/Letsgrowcrazynow
- The Flying Tire Bicycles Mineral Wells is finally open! We natives have all been excited for this for a long time. Individuals can finally enter the store this Saturday at 10 am. If you don’t know about this new locations the physical address is 302 N Oak Ave, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. And to top it off not only can you buy some great new biking gear, but they will also be doing free giveaways, tacos, and drinks! For exact information: https://fb.me/e/1yPrYiEH5
- MWHA 3 Person Scramble is also taking place this Saturday at 1 pm at the Holiday Hills Golf here in Mineral Wells. If you enjoy golf, it might be time to get out of the house with some friends and play. There are some requirements to participate for example, it is $375 per team and one must be verified as handicap, preflighted and relighted. For more on this event: https://fb.me/e/16z8fmF9V
- The concerts are finally back! Since COVID local bands have made a huge comeback, and it is amazing. Covert Concerts will be back this Saturday in downtown, located 107 N Oak Ave, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. The bands in this line up are No Compliance, Quick Pickle, Rabbit Hole, and Lost in Nostalgia. These bands are set to take the stage at 6:30 pm. So get ready to rock out! For more information on these amazing concerts: https://fb.me/e/2qJ9bnJiB, https://www.facebook.com/covertconcerts/, and https://www.facebook.com/NoCompliance89/
- Did you hear that bell? It’s the sound of a professional fight beginning. APW’s Game Changer will be taking place Saturday at 6:30 pm at our Palo Pinto County Livestock Association. This real-life fight club will be a great event for all to enjoy. For information on tickets: https://fb.me/e/FQBH37Or and https://www.apw-tx.com/events/game-on-mineral-wells-1
- Last but not least it’s time for some marshmallows around the fire. This Saturday night at 8 pm our Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway will be hosting a Cross Timbers Cowboy Poetry and Stories around the campfire. This family experience will take spectators back in time with wonderful tall tails. The cost to attend the adventure is free with park entry. The stories will be told by David Owens at the Lone Star Amphitheater. For more details: https://fb.me/e/4HpicIo73
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.