Happy Thursday! We hope everyone is doing well. It seems that the summer is flying by already with June 2021 coming to a close we know everyone is probably already getting excited for the fourth, but before we jump that far ahead, we have some great weekend events that you won’t want to miss!
- First, there is a Christain-based retreat going on this weekend at Tesoro Escondido Ranch here in Mineral Wells. This retreat will help all who are interested, find their place with God. The retreat is called The Power Of Storytelling and it will begin from June 25-27, 2021. The prices for the experience vary for both individuals and couples. For more information on Tesoro Escondido Ranch and the event please click: https://kerygmaventures.com/event/the-power-of-storytelling/ or call: 817-267-9224
- Next, it’s time to break a leg at the theatre! Into the Woods will begin at the Graham Memorial Auditorium. This well-renowned will raise the curtain on Friday, June 25, 2021, at 7:00 PM. The story in this play will give adults and children a whole new view of fairy tales. For tickets and further details: http://grahamregionaltheatre.com/calendar/2021/6/25/into-the-woods and https://buy.ticketstothecity.com/venue.php?org_id=282
- Everything looks better in color, so why not have a Rainbow Battle! This Saturday, June 26th, 2021 The Sill will be hosting a rainbow battle. For those unfamiliar with the term; this excitement consists of using colored powder as armament against your friends. To enter the game is just $20, and there will be a raffle for further prizes. For specifics on the event: https://fb.me/e/2rnIeeEkz
- Let’s get cookin! Coffee & Cocktails is hosting another delicious cooking class. This tasty education will include; a specialty drink: berry mint spritzer with a blood orange sugar rim. Then an appetizer: Asian salad with crispy wong-tong chips and miso ginger dressing. Lastly, for the entree, students will make is pork potstickers with sesame soy dipping sauce with a serving of fried rice. This delectable meal can be taught to you for just $75. For further instructions and registration please email MAK@MW76067.COM
- Sound Check: Can anyone hear me! It’s time to rock on, at the 2nd Annual IH8SUMMERFEST! This music festival will begin at Star of the River in Santo TX on June 26th, 2021. The festivities will begin at 6 pm that evening and will not end until 11 am the following day! There is an incredible lineup: Adam Hull, Pride of Texas, No Compliance, Ryan Wilcox and The Sunday Shakes, and IH8. To attend this wild ride is just $15! For specifics please click: https://fb.me/e/1pp8hhuFB
- For those of us who just need a moment to explore our imagination, there is a Paint Party taking place at The Kraze. The creativity will start also this Saturday at 6 pm. The event tells us that there are several projects to choose from that vary in price. For further details and registration: https://fb.me/e/KjuSXvKj and https://kraftshack76067.com/
- Creepy and crawly is about to take place this Saturday night June 26th, 2021 with a Spider Walk! This nature hike will commence at our Mineral Wells State Park. The purpose of this walk is to educate and explore the importance and uniqueness of spiders. The evening will begin at 8:30 pm at the Lone Star Amphitheater. To attend the excursion one must only pay park admission. For particulars: https://fb.me/e/2d6z849kO
- Last but not least, it’s time for a movie night. Join First Baptist Church of Santo for an Outdoor Movie Night. The event is completely free and open to the public. The location will also have free food for all families to come and enjoy. For more on this: https://m.facebook.com/events/958050008263555
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.