We have made a great list of weekend events to keep you busy on this wonderful Father’s Day Weekend! So if you haven’t had a chance to plan his special day, don’t worry. We have you covered!
- First up for this weekend isn’t exactly for dads, but don’t worry we’ll get there! It’s Girls Night at the Sill. This event will take place on Friday, May 18th, 2021 at 5:30 pm, the address is 402 S Oak Ave, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. The goal of the evening is to have a good time while creating works of art, and making new friends. The cost for this creativity is only $35. For details:https://fb.me/e/2aM57Y4mO
- We have all been a little too far gone at least once in our lifetime. So why not come out to the Hatchet House and see the great band Two Far Gone this Friday night! Two Far Gone will take the stage at 7 pm. But while you are savoring the live music, feel free to enjoy the atmosphere by throwing some hatchets. This is a location and event that the whole family can attend. For more information on the location and this performance: https://fb.me/e/HG9gWhur and https://www.facebook.com/twofargonemusic/
- Next up, it’s time to get some goosebumps with Ghost Hunts USA! This frightening night will also begin on Friday at 8:30 pm; at the Nazareth Sanatorium which is located at 314 NW 4th St, Mineral Wells, TX 76067. This ghost hunt will consist of a real ghost hunt with professional ghost hunters. They will provide the use of their gear such as trigger objects and EMF Meters. Though the night begins at 8:30 pm it will not end until 4:00 am! They do understand that hydration is needed and will provide unlimited refreshments for the evening. For specifics on Ghost Hunts USA, the history, and tickets: https://fb.me/e/TEhGYL0D, https://www.facebook.com/ghosthuntsusa/ , and https://ghosthuntsusa.com/nazareth-hospital-sanatorium-ghost-hunt/
- What better way to enjoy Father’s Day than on the Lake! Come on down to the Palo Pinto Kid Fish and Water Safety Fair. The fair will start this Saturday, May 19th, 2021 at 9 am, located at 1921 RM-3137, Palo Pinto, TX 76484. This fun-filled afternoon will be free for all who wish to participate. Our wonderful first responders will be there to teach our children about water safety. Kids could also get a free fishing pole, and life jacket for the summer. In addition to water safety, prizes will be given to kids that catch the biggest, smallest, and most fish caught. This event will also have a farmers market as well, with our Let’s Glow Crazy farmers market from Mineral Wells attending too. For specifics: https://fb.me/e/EU8zh8PY
- Vendor Event! Do you ever just want to get out of the house, do some shopping, walk around, and meet new people? This event is for you. This Saturday at 9 am there will be a vendor display at the Western Star Cowboy Church. There will be vendors of all kinds, face painting for the kids, and much more. For more information: https://fb.me/e/24smFnjbd
- Another great Father’s Day event that is taking place is the Father’s Day Fun at our local Clark Gardens Botanical Park from 9 am to 3 pm this Saturday. The admission for this is as follows; kids three and under are free, kids four through twelve are $5, ages thirteen to sixty-four are $9, and seniors sixty-five and older are $7. The festivities will consist of fishing, hiking, and biking on their beautiful property. It is recommended that all who attend bring their own gear needed to participate in amusement. For further information on this click: https://fb.me/e/E1jTwoF2
- THREE, TWO, ONE: DING! That’s right it’s time for another smackdown by AMP’S Game ON Pro Wrestling; this Saturday night starting at 6:30 pm. The action will take place at the Palo Pinto County Livestock Association. The cost for general admission to this event is just $10. This would be a great Father’s Day night out. For more on AMP and their event: https://fb.me/e/3AHzCep9t and https://www.apw-tx.com/events/game-on-mineral-wells
- Last but not least, let’s slow things down a bit. Our famous Cross Timbers Cowboy Poetry and Stories will also take place this Saturday from 8 pm to 9:30 pm. It will be a good event if you are looking for some bonding time by the open fire. Join David Owen’s as he takes you back to the past while roasting some marshmallows. This program will take place at the Lone Star Amphitheater in Mineral Wells State Park. The only cost to attend the evening is the admission to the park or a park pass. For any questions: https://fb.me/e/2uzTySsq5
Writer | I graduated from Weatherford College with an Associates in Art, focusing on history, creative writings, sociology, and humanities. Experience in child development, client care, and runs local Spoken Word Poetry group for young teens.