Arissa Viering | 8/18/2020 | Goodday Mineral Wells | MWISD Updates
UPDATE 8/21/2020: Drawing for one month of free advertisement to occur tomorrow. Please drop off all donations at Jesse’s Drive-In on behalf of your business. All businesses who donate will be entered into a drawing tomorrow, 8/22/2020, for one free month of advertising and a featured article from Goodday Mineral Wells. Please donate to help MWISD staff! Read further details below for more information!
MINERAL WELLS, TX – Today marks the first day of school at MWISD and the entire Mineral Wells community is showing their full support! If you want to see how you can be involved in showing support for ALL MWISD employees, keep reading!
In honor of all employees of MWISD, businesses and individuals throughout the community have put together a plethora of prizes to be awarded on Friday afternoon. EVERY employee will have the opportunity to enter.
On Tuesday, 8/18/2020, white tickets will be handed out to each office for the employees on their campus. This includes, food service, custodial, maintenance, transportation, nurses, SRO’s, long term substitute teachers who are starting the year, administrators, secretaries, teachers, paraprofessionals, etc: EVERY MWISD employee!
To enter, MWISD employees simply need to write their name and phone number on the ticket, and put it in the white ballot box at their campus. All boxes will be collected on Friday, 8/21/20, around noon. Most prizes will be delivered to the campuses or offices on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Some perishable items will have to be picked up at Jesse’s Drive-In. Just a few of the prizes include: various gift cards, cash, masks, t-shirts, teacher supplies, Mary Kay, and more (check out the list of just a few of the contributing businesses below).
Businesses and donors are encouraged to donate to this campaign. All donations will need to be dropped off this week. Supplies, gifts, and monetary donations are encouraged and can be dropped off at Jesse’s Drive-In. All checks will need to be made payable to: MWISD.
Furthermore, the Goodday Mineral Wells Team will be performing an additional drawing on Friday, 8/21/2020: All businesses who have donated will be placed into the Goodday Mineral Wells drawing for one free month of advertising in the form of an ad on the Goodday Mineral Wells website. Furthermore, an article will be created showcasing the local business which will be a permanent entry to the Goodday Mineral Wells site. All businesses who donate to this campaign will be eligible to be entered into the drawing!
Here are just a few of the local businesses who have donated and provided prizes as of Monday, 8/17/2020, at 9PM:
- Mary Michels CPA
- Mark Michels Cutting Horse Central
- Jesse’s Drive-In – Curtis & Beth Henderson
- MW Nutrition – Kimberley Sewell
- North Oak Dairy Queen – Sam & Shelly Hickey
- Mary Kay consultant – Marjorie Grulich
- Taqueria La Estrella – Adrian Salazar
- Kindred Hospice – Iasha Gray & Tammy Milhorn
- Diamond Pharmacy – Kathy Bohannon & Maia Johnson
- Baum Carlock Bumgardner – Rual Perkins, Casey Lister & Charity Garland
- AJ Trucking – Bubba Lusk
- You Maka Me Hot Coffee/Downtown Video – Brian & Laura Marsh
- Market @ 76067 – Misty Nix & Denise Duncan
- Famous Water Company – Carol & Scott Elder
- Garrett’s Jewelry and Loan- AD Garrett
- Shawn & Beth Ethridge
- Stacy Choate
- Cornerstone Essentials – Mindy Robinson
- Ben & Bobbie Lathrop
- Bennett’s Office Supply – Brian and Annette Bennett
- Julie and Rick Bennett
- Mineral Wells Chamber Tourism – Rose Jordan
- Golden Chick – Steve & Linda Vanoss, Shawna Collins
- Chicken Express – Richard & Nancy Stuart, Donna Heyworth
- Worley’s Lube Center – Bridgett Worley
- Franklin Lawn Care – Michael & Mandy Franklin
- Walmart MW – Manager Gary
- Heart Song DJ Service – Kim Duley
- Ace Hardware – Leslie & Mitch Bradshaw
For further information, please contact Beth Henderson at 940-445-7715 during non-peak business/restaurant hours.
Former Co-Founder | June 2020-Nov 2020 | Graduate of Texas Christian University with a background in medical anthropology, psychology, and creative writing. Passionate about writing novels. Loved the Mineral Wells community and all that it had offered her and her family.