Arissa Viering | 7/10/2020 | Goodday Mineral Wells | MWISD Announcements
On 7/9/20, MWISD superintendent, John Kuhn, announced plans to release the following documents regarding COVID-19 guidelines for the upcoming school year on July 14th, 2020:
- The MWISD Covid-19 Prevention and Response Protocol
- The MWISD Remote Instruction Academy Guide
- The MWISD Athletic Department Prevention and Response Protocol
- MWISD Remote Instruction FAQs (already available in the Skyward registration process)
- A cover letter that attempts to summarize the high points of all four other documents in a shorter fashion.
Kuhn voiced the following to MWISD families:
I know you are trying to decide between remote instruction and on-campus instruction for your child, and I know it isn’t a decision you make lightly. Rest assured that you have until two weeks before school starts before you must choose. This will give you the opportunity to review both the MWISD safety protocols to see if you are comfortable with them as well as the remote learning requirements and expectations. We want you to make the choice that is right for you.
Rest assured, also, that if you choose on-campus learning then need to switch due to a quarantine situation or due to concerns over possible exposure resulting from a possible continued increase in the numbers of cases in our community, you will be allowed to do so.
Former Co-Founder | June 2020-Nov 2020 | Graduate of Texas Christian University with a background in medical anthropology, psychology, and creative writing. Passionate about writing novels. Loved the Mineral Wells community and all that it had offered her and her family.